While Thanksgiving traditions across America include sharing a bountiful meal with family—normally a turkey—and watching community parades, many take time out of their day to remember what they are thankful for from the last year.
We here at Woburn Patch thought we'd do the same this morning, before we all settle in to watch Woburn beat Winchester and enjoy our dinner with family.
Five Things Woburn is Thankful For This Year
1) Woburn Police & Fire: It's been a long year for Woburn Police. We all mourned the loss of veteran together, and we prayed for the safety of Patrolman Bob DeNapoli this fall. We are thankful for the men and women of Woburn Police (and ) who keep us safe each and every day, including holidays!
2) Woburn Public Schools: With the addition of a , we are reminded of the tireless work by school officials who want to make sure our children are learning in the best possible atmosphere. We are thankful for our teachers especially, who every day take care of our children, love them, and teach them what they need to succeed in our changing world.
3) Woburnites: Through thick and thin, good and bad, happy and sad, the city of Woburn sticks together. We are thankful that Woburn Patch has been accepted into this wonderful community. Woburn is truly one big family and we are happy to be a part of it!
4) Social and civic organizations: From the the , the , the and the , Woburn is filled with people who truly care about the community and want to make it a better place. On top of that, we're lucky to have , the and the . We are thankful for a community that cares about its neighbors and works hard to celebrate and enjoy life in Woburn.
5) Recreation and youth sports: With terrific support from the great folks at , schools and parents, Woburn is lucky to have many opportunities for little Woburnites to learn new skills, play and enjoy extra-curricular activities. We are thankful for the many programs and resources that teach our children valuable lessons and social skills outside of school.