The following is an excerpt from the log. Please note that this is a sampling of activity in the log, not a complete account. We report all arrests included in the daily police log.
March 16 –
- At 3:58 p.m., a New York man was summonsed to for larceny of a motor vehicle after police received a report of a stolen car from . According to the Main Street business, a man rented a car on Dec. 29, 2010 and did not return it. Police reported the man has disconnected his phone and did not respond to two certified letters sent by Hertz.
- At 5:33 p.m., a Billerica woman was cited for failure to stop at a red light during a traffic patrol on Cambridge Road at Country Club Road.
- At 6:08 p.m., police were dispatched to Hart Street for a report of an unwanted male. The male party left the area when asked by officers.
- At 6:44 p.m., police responded to a Kimball Court apartment for a report of a couple fighting. When the officer arrived, he spoke to the couple, who admitted to fighting about money, but that it was verbal only. The officer asked the couple to keep their voices down.
- At 8:14 p.m., Devangkumar N. Patel, 25, of 19 N. Warren St., was arrested and charged with assault after police responded to a report of a verbal domestic dispute. When officers arrived, witnesses said Patel had thrown items around the house and was “belligerent.”
- At 9:39 p.m., a Salisbury man reported his car damaged while it was parked in a Walnut Street parking lot. The car sustained damage to the front end. There were no witnesses.