The meeting was held on Wednesday night, and included the approval of the following:
- Appropriation of $165,500 to the auditor salary account
- Appropriation of $60,000 to to election workers, voting machine repair and election printing accounts for Tuesday's special state election
- Appropriation of $330,000 to special education para-professionals
- Appropriation of $280,000 to the Veteran's Department for cash aid
- Appropriation of $2,453,473.76 from the debt reserve account to general fund principal and interest accounts
The residential tax rate dropped three cents from $10.47 to $10.44 per $1,000. The commercial/industrial/personal property tax, meanwhile, dropped seven cents from $27.48 to $27.41, according to Creen.