Along with turkey and pumpkin pie, there's another Thanksgiving tradition that has nothing to do with food—high school football. Each year, schools face off against traditional rivals, in an attempt to claim bragging rights for the following year.
The Woburn Memorial High School Tanners will take on the Winchester Sachems in the 108th meeting between the two teams Thursday.
What else do you need to know before the Thanksgiving game?
1) The rivalry began in 1891 and Winchester has the lead in the series (52-43-12).
2) Woburn won the 2011 game by a solid 56-0 score.
3) The Woburn Tanners are second place in the Middlesex (Liberty) Division this year with a 3-1 division record (4-5 overall). Winchester is 0-3 in the league and 3-7 overall this season.
4) Game time for the Thanksgiving Day game is 10:15 a.m. at Woburn Memorial High School's Connolly Stadium.
5) The Woburn team has four captains: David Pratt, Rory O’Brien, A.J. Santiago and Jared O’Brien.