Here are five things you need to know about Friday night's home football game.
1. Who, What, When, Where: On Friday night at 7 p.m. on the turf at Woburn High School, the Tanners hope to improve their record to 3-0. The locals take on Winchester under the lights.
2. Sachems: Winchester comes into the game with a record of 1-1. The Sachems beat the buzzer with a touchdown at the horn as they earned a 7-6 victory over Wilmington on opening night, but they followed that up with a 34-7 blowout loss to visiting Melrose last week.
3. Who to Watch For: The Tanners have shown they have some dazzling playmakers so far this year. Quarterback Robert Voci has shown his versatility in the running and passing game, while Marvin Jean has also been a major contributor for Woburn through two weeks. Christian Cesvette has found the end zone as well, and the Tanner defense has allowed just 19 points through two games.
4. Playoff Positioning: With the new MIAA format, every game is a big one for the Tanners. According to playoff calculations by ESPNBoston.com, Woburn currently sits in fifth place out of eight playoff teams in Division 3 Northwest.
5. Up Next: Following the team's Friday night game, Woburn hosts Lexington on Friday, Oct. 4. That game will serve as the Tanners' final scheduled home contest. Following that tilt they will play on the road versus Belmont, Arlington, Reading, and Winchester to close out the year.