The Woburn High School football team has reached the midpoint in its season, and so far there is one thing the team hasn't done - lose. The Tanners hope to keep that up on Friday night, and here are five things to get you ready for the game.
1. Who, What, Where and When: Coming off of a win over Lexington last week, Woburn travels to Belmont beginning at 6 p.m. on Friday night.
2. Road to 4-0: Woburn opened up with a 19-12 win over Billerica, followed that up with a 27-7 win in Burlington, continued their streak with a dramatic 27-21 victory against Winchester, and closed out the home portion of the schedule with a 35-27 win last week over Lexington.
3. Scouting Belmont: The Marauders, on the other hand, have been on an opposite track as the Tanners. Belmont opened with a 28-0 loss against Stoneham, was thumped by Bedford, 34-13, fell to Lexington by a 42-28 margin and spent last week getting blown out by Arlington, 42-6.
4. Numbers, Numbers, Numbers: Woburn enters Friday's game averaging 27 points per contest and allowing about 17 points per contest. Belmont, meanwhile, averaged just under 12 points in its opening four tilts while allowing an average of 37 points a game.
5. Still on the Outside: As far as the rankings go, local media outlets still aren't high on Woburn's 4-0 mark. The Tanners are on the outside of ESPNBoston's Top 25 list, listed among the "Last 10 Out." The Boston Herald doesn't have Woburn ranked at all in its list, while the Boston Globe moved the locals up to No. 25 after ranking them at No. 29 last week.