Hurld Elementary School
According to its handbook, Hurld Elementary has four guidelines for students: "Respect each other; Take care of personal property and school property; Take ownership of our behavior; [and] Work and play safely."
- Number of students: 205
- Male-to-female ratio: 42.9% (male) to 57.1% (female)
- Public/Private: Public
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 14.1 to 1
- Number of faculty: 14.6
- How engaged is the school with the community?: The Hurld School participates in the Y.E.S. (Youths Engaged in Service) Program. Fifth graders who perform 50 hours of community service receive a gold medal and a certificate.
- Grade levels: Kindergarten through Grade 5
- Special education: Yes
- Extracurricular activities available: Before school childcare is available every morning from 7:15 to 8:15 a.m. Cost is $6 per day. The Boys & Girls Club of Woburn also holds Project Learn at the Hurld School every day after school until 6 p.m.