Joyce Middle School
The Joyce Middle School is one of two middle schools serving the city of Woburn. At Joyce, more than 70 staff members work with 500-plus students every day.
Homework is generally given to students every night. Minimum homework is usually 60 minutes of work, four nights a week for sixth-graders, 90 minutes nightly for seventh-graders and two hours nightly for eighth-graders.
Report cards are issued to students four times a year in November, January, April and June. High honor roll and honor roll awards are presented every marking period.
The Woburn Public Schools Administrative Offices are located at the Joyce Middle School. Superintendent Mark Donovan's office is on the main floor of the administration building at Joyce.
- Number of students: 494
- Male-to-female ratio: 50.4% (male) to 49.6% (female)
- Public/Private: Public
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 10.0 to 1
- Number of faculty: 49.3
- How engaged is the school with the community?: The Joyce Middle School takes part in the Y.E.S. (Youths Engaging in Service) Program. Students who complete 75 hours of community service during grades 6 through 8 will receive recognition from the Woburn Elks.
- Grade levels: Grades 6 - 8
- Special education: Yes
- Extracurricular activities available: After-school activities, Builders Club, Green and Blue Review, student council, yearbook