Starbucks had just one location in Seattle when Howard Schultz bought it in 1987. Today Starbucks has more than 15,000 stores in 50 countries, and Mr. Schultz is the company's president, chairman and chief executive officer.
Starbucks uses so-called ethically sourced coffee beans in all of its creations, including mochas, cappuccinos and macchiattos. Drinks are made-to-order and can be modified to the drinker's delight. Small gifts, whole or ground beans and snacks are also available. Starbucks recently introduced its own line of instant coffee, called VIA.
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 5:30am - 7:30pm; Sat, 6am - 7pm; Sun, 7am - 7pm
- Handicap Accessible: There is a ramp to the entrance.
- Payments accepted: American Express, Cash, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Products: Coffee, tea, baked goods
- Food & dining options: Organic
- General services: Eat-in, Take-out
- Specialties: Fair-trade coffee blends, frappuccinos
- ATM: No
- Parking: Free lot