Woburn Police Department
781-933-1212 ext. 0
The Woburn Police Department is located on Harrison Street, one block from City Hall. The building is across the street from the Library Park playing fields.
Although Woburn was first settled in 1640 and became a town two years later, it did not have a Police Department until 1851, when one man was paid for police services with public funds. More men were added to the Department in 1852. By 1855, ten men were appointed as part-time officers and paid out of the town budget. By the time Woburn was incorporated in 1889, the Department had existed for almost forty years.
Currently, the Police Department has several members and divisions, including patrol, detective, traffic, services, school resource and animal control.
- Hours: Daily, 24hrs
- Founding Date: 1851
- Parking: Free lot, On-street: free
- Bureaus: Detective, Traffic